I’ve been making cookies for my final presentation at the salon and although I don’t like (most) chocolate I decided I needed to add in a chocolate cookie to the others I have prepared. I didn’t taste test this, however, my boyfriend was more than happy to be my guinea pig. His response: “I dig it!” Hope you do too!
- 1 1/8 cups of butter, softened (2 sticks and 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 small bag of soft caramel candies, cut into tiny squares
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate covered pretzels, coarsely chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together softened butter and sugars until fluffy. Then, mix in 1 egg at a time followed by the vanilla.
Time to add in the dry ingredients. Slowly mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the white chocolate chips and pretzels. Break apart the caramel pieces and sprinkle them around the dough, then mix in. Use a teaspoon to scoop out dough. Lightly roll in your hands and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.